I. Description of Work
Global Health Visions is actively seeking a senior associate with experience in global health and development. The primary role of this senior associate is to provide extensive support to the GHV team across various portfolios and projects. This position would be expected to actively collaborate within the team, providing valuable guidance, creative concepts, and dedicated assistance for special projects. These contributions will play a pivotal role in shaping the outcomes delivered to GHV partners across a diverse spectrum of critical issue areas.
Given the needs across the GHV team, the position requires an individual who is comfortable (1) working directly with senior leadership to project management and support key pieces of work, (2) offering original and creative ideas that enhance work products, and (3) moving from concept to deliverable across a wide array of issue areas. Successful candidates will have experience and passion for leaning in and supporting team members to drive work for partners forward. The consultant should be decisive, resourceful, and able to keep projects moving forward even when all information needed is not available.
This is an amazing opportunity to jump into GHV’s exciting work, gain a deeper understanding of specific issues, and hone project management and strategic skill sets.
Key experience and skillsets include:
Specific components of the work may include:
Project Management: Supporting the GHV team(s) in the development and execution of key projects and interventions for partners. This may include:
Research and Analysis: Providing research and analysis on requested topics to inform and guide the approach to key projects and interventions. This may include:
II. Required Skills
Global Health Visions is an entirely virtual consulting organization. We pride ourselves on meeting the needs of our partners through highly skilled, motivated, and knowledgeable consultants.
We want to hear from you if you are/have:
• A bachelors degree in a related field as well as a minimum of 6 years of related experience.
• Specific knowledge and experience in global health and develop, specifically internationally focused policy, advocacy, and/or communications is required.
• An understanding of key global development topics is strongly preferred (e.g., quality education, economic empowerment, gender equality, sexual and reproductive health and rights, water, sanitation and hygiene (WSH), political participation, etc.).
• Experience supporting leaders and providing robust project management support.
• Demonstrated strong research and critical analysis skills and the ability to identify new questions and develop innovative ideas to guide the partner’s strategies and decisions.
• Exceptional writing and communication (written and spoken) skills; ability to provide concise analysis/summary/visual representation (e.g., in PowerPoint) of complex topics; ability to adapt communications for different, specific audiences.
• Must be able to work quickly and deliver projects under short deadlines, developing an outstanding product for the partner that exceeds expectations and requires little to no modification.
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance. Must be highly organized, resourceful, self-motivated, detail- and deadline-oriented, flexible in approach and process, and adept at multi-tasking and prioritizing. Must be willing and able to take ownership of and manage a project with minimal supervision.
• Strong command of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, as well as command of virtual conferencing and collaboration tools.
III. Time Requirement and Location
• Full-time role / 40 hrs per week
• Start date - as soon as possible
• This role will work from their own location/available during client business hours (EST and PST)
• The daily rate for this position ranges from $360-$500, depending on the candidate's level of expertise.
IV. Application Instructions
As an ever-evolving, social impact consulting company, Global Health Visions (GHV) is an agile network of results-oriented, passionate global health and development professionals providing targeted expertise and guidance to partners working on a range of issues. Ultimately, our work transforms ideas into social change through analysis, strategy, and action. We see healthy people and a healthy planet at the center of all these issues and recognize the interconnectivity across sectors. Our broad and varied global team works virtually from various locations worldwide, creating a supportive work culture that values a flexible work environment.
We have made a steadfast commitment to actively work to implement justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism practices (JEDI) into every aspect of our business. We know that this commitment will strengthen our internal structure and culture and enhance the products and services we deliver to our partners. Our company’s adherence to a non-discrimination policy is at the center of our JEDI policy. These tenants are central to our mission, culture, and vision, driving meaningful change and sustainable progress both within our organization and across our network of partners. With that said, women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.